HELLO AND WELCOME BACK TO ANOTHER EDITION OF POSTPARTUM - WTF?
Here are some things that have been on my mind lately:
1. I have this new little nugget that I love so much I could literally bite her head off. I’m so obsessed and it feels like I’ve known her and her little face my whole life.
2. We’ve gotten Elliott to take a bottle which is all I wanted so I could have a bit more freedom but now whenever I see Ethan giving her one I am SO JEALOUS like give her back to me and my boob stat.
3. I am also crazy jealous that Ethan can leave so easily to go to work, go to the gym, whatever. I want so bad to be able to wake up in the morning and go to barre without a second thought. But whenever he offers to help so I can leave (which he does all the time don’t worry) I immediately change my mind and don’t want to leave the house. I think I need to get better at getting out of the house, both with and without Elliott.
4. Yall, my boobs. Ugh. I’m still 10lbs over my old weight which is fine, whatever, but I am so self conscious about how big my chest is now. And everyone loves to tell me “oh my god your boobs are HUGE!” and I just want to cry. Nothing fits because of them and I feel like they make me look ginormous! I know this is all just mental and in my head but I wanted to share because I’m trying to be honest about this whole journey!
5. I’m having mostly good days and some not so good. It’s weird going from being a full time engineer to sometimes not even remembering to brush your teeth. Ethan and I have been talking a lot about what’s causing me to have these off days and what we need to do to fix them (more outings for me, maybe getting help from the doctor, we’re not sure yet!). Like I said most days are so good and full of so much love so that’s what I focus on!
6. Ethan is still the absolute best but that’s not a surprise to anyone.
1701140 minutes ago
Lately, I am full of stress so I wanted to list ways to decrease stress. There are many ways to decrease stress, but I know that the one thing I want to do to decrease stress is quite everything and go to bed. Lol. But I can’t. It’s not how to deal with problems. So I have 5 ways to help.
Exercise is one of the most important things you can do to combat stress.
It might seem contradictory, but putting physical stress on your body through exercise can relieve mental stress. .
2. Reduce caffeine intake. .... no thank you... but I guess 😭 . Caffeine is my life line at 6:00am every morning for that 8-5 grind. But, caffeine, especially in higher quantities can creat anxiety and uneasiness for you. .
3. Write down your to dos. I write downs everything! It helps to get rid of stuff in my head and ensures that I don’t forget things. I also keep a journal to write down how I’m doing everyday. You can get them at a book store or amazon and it is just a 1-5 sentence space on how you are doing. It is also fun to go back through and see how you have been changing throughout the year. .
4. Learn to say no. Over loading yourself is never a good thing. Say no to the obligations that are not important to you and do not fit your goals. .
5. Reach out to friends and family. Your real friends. Ones you trust to share things with. They care how you are doing and want to know you are okay. A problem shared is a problem halved. .
Stress will probably never go away completely, but learning to manage it and to not let it overwhelm you is the key.
Christmas in Denver was pretty special to say the least... I got to spend it with one of my best friends I hadn’t seen in two years krb007 and meet her new man magnuseggerts . 😍 The fun began with a family photo with Santa at Union Station, fun and games with the Christmas decorations, participating in the wearing of Christmas jumpers (it’s a real thing), Christmas carols at the Department store, talking our way into the Christmas pop up bar, exploring the skirts of Rocky Mountain National Park and subsequently the Stanley Heritage Hotel (where The Shining was filmed) and watching snow fall, drinking my favourite beer at Blue Moon Brewery and visiting the Grizzly Rose where I learnt the two step from a ridiculously tall and handsome American man (thanks krb007) and got thrown off a mechanical bull! #unionstationsanta#rockymountainnationalpark#thegrizzlyrose#stanleyheritagehotel#christmasjumper#christmasindenver#denver
|| The Journey ||
Journey into the realm of the unknown to discover what you never thought possible. Filmmaking and photography have always been my passions in life and every day I strive to become the best storyteller I can be while studying the beauty and wonder of the world around me. I’ve been incredibly inspired lately (thanks to an idea book from my parents) and I’m excited to see where the journey of life takes me next!
That being said, 2019 is shaping up to be a fantastic year for photography and film! In the coming months, and over the course of the year, my creative team and I will be working on some interesting projects. Some small, some big! That’s where the journey comes in! I still don’t remember the exact moment I wrote my phrase “Journey Into the Unknown. For Those Who Discover Are Twice Rewarded With Knowledge”, but I do know I live by that philosophy every day! Venture into unknown territory and reap the rewards of your discoveries! Happy adventuring!
This video was part of a creative writing course as a way to showcase my artist statement concept.
Location: Enid, Oklahoma, Georgetown, Colorado, Hutchinson, Kansas.
••• @Nikonusa D810 @panasonicusa GH4, GH5 @djiglobal Phantom 4 @blackmagicnewsofficial BMPCC & URSA Mini
To purchase prints, view other photography, watch videos, read my blog, and more, visit the link in my bio! 👆🏼