BBQ Shrimp + Limey Avocado Salsa Meal Prep Bowls 🌞🔥🥑 .
✅ Save this recipe for later to make 😋
✅ Tag someone who loves healthy food👇🏼
✅ Follow @easy.healthy.eats 🌱
By @fitmrsfats .
This combo is so darn tasty and SATISFYING...plus, it comes together FAST! So, make it for lunch or dinner today, double the recipe, and store the extra servings - so your next few days are simpler! }
makes 4 servings
2 pounds large shrimp, deveined and peeled
2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
1 large avocado, pitted and chopped
4 green onions, chopped
2 fresh limes, juiced
1 handful fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
1 Tbsp avocado oil, or extra virgin olive oil
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
lime wedges, to garnish
2 cups cooked brown rice
for the BBQ spice mix:
1 Tbsp. smoked paprika
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp cayenne powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp sea salt, or to taste
In a large glass mixing bowl place shrimp and BBQ seasoning ingredients and gently stir well to combine.
Set aside for just a few minutes.
In another bowl, add chopped tomatoes, avocado, onions, cilantro, lime juice, sea salt and pepper. Very gently toss to combine.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until they've turned pink and form a nice lightly charring in spots as pictured.
Add 1/2 cup cooked brown rice to each bowl or meal prep container.
Then divide the cooked shrimp and avocado salsa equally, and nicely among the 4 bowls, or meal prep containers as shown.
Serve immediately, or refrigerate for up to 3 days.
9,1805916 February, 2019
Tag someone who would love this perfect lunch idea! 😍
Check out the new 28-Day Keto Challenge from Keto Resource.
It can help you lose weight and get in shape effectively. It will guide you through the first month so you can keep eating healthy for the rest of your life. It offers a great way to change your life for the better.
Link in BIO
Balsamic Chicken Wit Orange Glaze Sauce 💪🏼😍
- 1/2cupbalsamic vinegar
- Juice from 4 large oranges
- zest of 1 orange
- 2 lbs boneless chicken, thinly sliced or pounded to 3/4-inch thickness
- kosher saltfor seasoning
- black pepper to taste
- 2 table spoons olive oil divided
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 red pepper 1/2-inch dice
- 8 oz brown mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup baby tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 lb asparagus trimmed, then cut into 2 in pieces
- 1 tsp thyme chopped
- 1/4 cup basil sliced
- In a large 10 to 12 inch saute pan add balsamic vinegar, orange juice, & zest. Turn heat to medium high so that it’s bubbling & allow the sauce to reduce until about 1/3 the volume until slightly thickened about 15-17 minutes. Meanwhile make the chicken.
- Generously season both sides of the chicken w/ salt & pepper.
- In a separate large pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, add the chicken & brown for 5 minutes, turn over & cook for another 4 to 5 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink. Transfer cooked chicken to a clean dish, or add to balsamic sauce once it’s been reduced to 1/3 the original volume. Allow the sauce to continue to thicken & reduce, flipping the chicken to coat several times, until the chicken has been glazed on both sides. Turn off heat & cover to keep warm. - Make the vegetables in the same pan used to cook the chicken, turn heat to medium & add 1 tbsp olive oil to a pan. Add garlic & pepper, saute for 1 min, scraping any brown bits from the pan.
- Add mushrooms cook for 3 mins, until tender.
- Add sliced tomatoes & cook for 1 min, until slightly softened. Add asparagus & cook for about 3 mins, or until tender & bright green. Season w/ salt & pepper & turn off heat.
- Season chicken w/ thyme & basil. Serve with warm with vegetables.
1,282432 hours ago
Tag someone who would love this! 😍 Recipe below 😊
Do you struggle to eat more veggies?
Maybe you don’t know but I eat more veggies for breakfast and lunch, is when the hunger kicks in the most and could eat anything. If you struggle with adding more veggies to your diet, try eating them the time you know you will eat anything. That’s why many people stick to meal plans during the week, because you eat the lunch you took to the work place.
Deets: sautéed veggies (zucchini, celery, kale and mushrooms) with Italian seasoning. Egg and 1/2 avocado + the bagel seasoning. ————————————————————————
🇪🇸 Tienes dificultades para comer más vegetales?
Speed Soup + Bread (Healthy Extra b) *Bread = 2 slices of Aldi, Ballymore Crust Wholemeal Thins, Tasty Wholemeal Sliced Bread
Ingredients for Speed Soup:
- 1 can of Mixed Bean Salad
- 1 can of Green Lentils
- 1 can of Baked Beans
- 2 cans of Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 Leeks
- 2 Onions
- 8-10 Carrots
- 3 Peppers
- 3 Vegetable Stock Cubes
- Mixed Herbs
- Handful of Split Lentils
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Water; enough to cover
💚💜💛 PORK CHOPS & colourful veg .
Pork Chops - oven roasted with the fat cut off
Jacket Potato - also in oven wrapped in tin foil
Peas / sweetcorn / seared red cabbage with white wine vinegar
COLOUR = NUTRITION 🦄