Barcelona Tavern ✨
Last week, our team member Selena 👩🏽(@wineandjournalism) checked out @barcelonatavern_liberty, the amazing 2-level Mediterranean-inspired restaurant in Liberty Village. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Enjoy tapas-style dining downstairs (more intimate) 💏 or upstairs - “Cava Room” (party central + also rooftop patio in the summer). 💃🏼
Pictured above: Cava + Rioja sangria 🍷, Fried Manchego, Veal Bomba, + Arancini 🍽
See @wineandjournalism’s blog post with ALLLLLL the deets on 👉🏻 torontodateideas.com ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
📍: 109 Atlantic Ave., Liberty Village
This might sound like “big woo.” BUT I am notoriously bad at taking time off. I have a streak of type-A, and I am almost averse to relaxing.
That’s why one of my NY resolutions for 2019 is to make better use of my vacation time.
Research has it that people who use their vacation time are happier and live longer.
I know this, and I preach it all the time for my clients. Empirical research shows that down-time and doing Nothing is essential for personal restoration and subsequent productivity.
So, for people-like-me, let’s review why vacations are beneficial:
1. Physical restoration: Vacations create time to, well, relax. On vacation you can catch up on sleep, alleviate yourself from prescribed schedules and demands, reclaim time for self-care, and check out from daily anxieties.
2. Improve relationships: Holidays can provide sacred time to spend with love ones. And I mean real, unplugged, and present time. Healthy relationships are an often-neglected cornerstone of overall mental health. Also, you can forge connections with strangers in foreign environments and cultures, which reminds of us the wonder of humanity, the inter-being of persons, and the significance of human community.
3. Boost creativity: On vacation, you can dig into creative projects and/or expose yourself to new and unexpected fonts of inspiration and beauty. Travel can also occasionally demand creative problem solving. Exposing yourself to new experiences expands your reality. And sometimes it can help you think about YOU in a new way.
4. Stress reduction: Being away from your everyday stressors and demands can create a cushion for the nervous system, reducing stress, anxiety and even depression (in clinical studies). But be mindful about re-integrating slowly when you come home, because it’s easy to undo vacation relaxation in a few quick strokes if you don’t protect yourself.
5. Vacation can make you take stock: This may be a catalyst for change OR it may be a cultivation of gratitude for the comforts and interests of your home environment and the life you have built for yourself.
#netflix will be creating 1850 jobs in Toronto a year!!! 🙌💥What does this mean for people who want to work?There are two things you need:
Train in front of the camera or behind the lens of the camera 🎬🎥 Our 4 month Film Acting Diploma program runs in May & September 2019. Our 1 month Film Acting certificate course runs in May & July 2019. Students who wish to train behind the lens of the camera for film and television production we are accepting applications for fall 2019. Nows the time. Don’t waste time or money. It shouldn’t take your years to find out if you have what it takes💥 Act now 🎬💫 #hollywoodnorth#film#tv#filmstudio#directors#production#actors#actingclasses#actingstudio#toronto#the6ix#libertyvillagetoronto