#norcal Instagram Photos & Videos

norcal - 3.2m posts

Top Posts

  • Any surfers here? Anyone knows when the surfing season under the bridge happens? 
@teresa_ and I wanted to photograph surfers in action, and this is my old photo taken in December.
.
Wondering if they are still there in February.
  • Any surfers here? Anyone knows when the surfing season under the bridge happens?
    @teresa_ and I wanted to photograph surfers in action, and this is my old photo taken in December.
    .
    Wondering if they are still there in February.
  • 7,900 66 14 February, 2019
  • I like to ask my friends this question whenever we’re at a cliff or anywhere up high: if you had a 90% chance of flying (and being able to keep that ability for the rest of your life) but a 10% chance of plummeting to your death, would you jump? 
I want to say that it’s a deep question that reflects your inner psyche or whatever but I honestly just think it’s a fun question to ask 😂
  • I like to ask my friends this question whenever we’re at a cliff or anywhere up high: if you had a 90% chance of flying (and being able to keep that ability for the rest of your life) but a 10% chance of plummeting to your death, would you jump?
    I want to say that it’s a deep question that reflects your inner psyche or whatever but I honestly just think it’s a fun question to ask 😂
  • 1,087 121 15 hours ago
  • Alamere Falls in @pointreyesnps is truly an unforgettable sight. It's one of only two "tide falls" near San Francisco -- that is, a waterfall that flows directly into the ocean. You've seen the other one -- social media famous McWay Falls in Big Sur. Alamere requires a bit more effort to see, but the reward is that unlike McWay, you can actually hike down to the base of it!⠀
.⠀
Unfortunately, this particular waterfall has been put under pressure from trail-cutters who blaze a very unofficial route across sensitive coastal habitat in our national pastime of "trying to get something for nothing." Which is too bad both in the "hey, can we please enjoy these things without ruining them?" school of thought and also too bad for the proper trail, which takes you through beautiful wildflowers, improbable freshwater lakes, and stunning coastal views. Heck, there's even a seaside campground to enjoy! Talk about stop and smelling the sea-roses, amirite?⠀
.⠀
There are a few different proper routes to get to this waterfall, ranging from around 14-15 miles of roundtrip hiking. @melissaozbek takes us on the shortest of those for her newest trail guide. If you see someone advertising an 8.4 mile route here, they're damaging the landscape. And look at this place! Why would you ever want to do that?!⠀
.⠀
Head to modernhiker.com or click the link the bio for the full trail guide. Happy hiking!⠀
.⠀
#modernhiker #hiking #outdoors #findyourpark #encuentratuparque #waterfall #waterfalls #outside #pointreyesnationalseashore #pointreyes #pointreyesnps #california #hikecaliornia #beach #coast #seaside #tidalfalls #sfca #sanfran #norcal #hikemore #hikingvibes #gohike #wildernessvibes #keepitpublic
  • Alamere Falls in @pointreyesnps is truly an unforgettable sight. It's one of only two "tide falls" near San Francisco -- that is, a waterfall that flows directly into the ocean. You've seen the other one -- social media famous McWay Falls in Big Sur. Alamere requires a bit more effort to see, but the reward is that unlike McWay, you can actually hike down to the base of it!⠀
    .⠀
    Unfortunately, this particular waterfall has been put under pressure from trail-cutters who blaze a very unofficial route across sensitive coastal habitat in our national pastime of "trying to get something for nothing." Which is too bad both in the "hey, can we please enjoy these things without ruining them?" school of thought and also too bad for the proper trail, which takes you through beautiful wildflowers, improbable freshwater lakes, and stunning coastal views. Heck, there's even a seaside campground to enjoy! Talk about stop and smelling the sea-roses, amirite?⠀
    .⠀
    There are a few different proper routes to get to this waterfall, ranging from around 14-15 miles of roundtrip hiking. @melissaozbek takes us on the shortest of those for her newest trail guide. If you see someone advertising an 8.4 mile route here, they're damaging the landscape. And look at this place! Why would you ever want to do that?!⠀
    .⠀
    Head to modernhiker.com or click the link the bio for the full trail guide. Happy hiking!⠀
    .⠀
    #modernhiker #hiking #outdoors #findyourpark #encuentratuparque #waterfall #waterfalls #outside #pointreyesnationalseashore #pointreyes #pointreyesnps #california #hikecaliornia #beach #coast #seaside #tidalfalls #sfca #sanfran #norcal #hikemore #hikingvibes #gohike #wildernessvibes #keepitpublic
  • 1,400 23 12 February, 2019
  • During the 20 hours I spent at SFO airport, there was probably less than 10 total minutes of partial sunshine. Here’s an American B737-800 taking off during one of those rare moments of gaps in the clouds!
  • During the 20 hours I spent at SFO airport, there was probably less than 10 total minutes of partial sunshine. Here’s an American B737-800 taking off during one of those rare moments of gaps in the clouds!
  • 1,150 4 17 hours ago
  • In this case, you definitely DO want to go chasing waterfalls. 👌
PC: @edgars.adventure 📸
  • In this case, you definitely DO want to go chasing waterfalls. 👌
    PC: @edgars.adventure 📸
  • 281 3 8 hours ago
  • I found the weekend! Finally Friday so you know since it’s a long weekend I’m going to make my way up to Napa one day! What is everyone’s plans?
  • I found the weekend! Finally Friday so you know since it’s a long weekend I’m going to make my way up to Napa one day! What is everyone’s plans?
  • 776 55 20 hours ago
  • #California has so many marvels, I’m extremely grateful I got to grow up in such an amazing place! #NorCal in particular, always has my heart! #NapaValley plays a huge roll in that feeling. I mean, where else can you go to drink wine all day and enjoy beautiful weather while the rest of the #BayArea is probably super chilly?! 😅🍷 If you’ve not been, be sure to put it on your bucket list. I think I go every time I visit home! Ha! #TBT
  • #California has so many marvels, I’m extremely grateful I got to grow up in such an amazing place! #NorCal in particular, always has my heart! #NapaValley plays a huge roll in that feeling. I mean, where else can you go to drink wine all day and enjoy beautiful weather while the rest of the #BayArea is probably super chilly?! 😅🍷 If you’ve not been, be sure to put it on your bucket list. I think I go every time I visit home! Ha! #TBT
  • 1,610 38 14 February, 2019

Latest Instagram Posts

  • Reap what you sow! Keep planting those seeds, keep manifesting, keep the vision, until, you see the fruit of your labor! #hemp #hemplife #hempseeds
  • Reap what you sow! Keep planting those seeds, keep manifesting, keep the vision, until, you see the fruit of your labor! #hemp #hemplife #hempseeds
  • 41 2 2 hours ago
  • Thunderstormy skies seen over the city this afternoon. Loving this weather! There’s plenty more where this rain came from. More rainy, unsettled weather was on the way for the Bay Area… Pic taken from around San Jose, CA. (Saturday afternoon, February 9, 2019; 3:26 p.m.)
*Weather update:
A cold low pressure area was off the Oregon coast & was forecast to move across Northern California this day. The low was to bring periods of rain to NorCal today with snow levels 1500-2500 feet. By Sunday, the Central Valley was to see some sun but there was to be lingering snow showers over the areas north & east of the valley. Cold low pressure areas were to continue to enter the north state during the upcoming new work week. This means more rainfall & low snow levels. The next system was to be along the coast by Monday afternoon thru midday Wednesday & was to bring rain & unsettled weather to the region. We may be looking at an atmospheric river event if atmospheric conditions turn out to be favorable for such event…
  • Thunderstormy skies seen over the city this afternoon. Loving this weather! There’s plenty more where this rain came from. More rainy, unsettled weather was on the way for the Bay Area… Pic taken from around San Jose, CA. (Saturday afternoon, February 9, 2019; 3:26 p.m.)
    *Weather update:
A cold low pressure area was off the Oregon coast & was forecast to move across Northern California this day. The low was to bring periods of rain to NorCal today with snow levels 1500-2500 feet. By Sunday, the Central Valley was to see some sun but there was to be lingering snow showers over the areas north & east of the valley. Cold low pressure areas were to continue to enter the north state during the upcoming new work week. This means more rainfall & low snow levels. The next system was to be along the coast by Monday afternoon thru midday Wednesday & was to bring rain & unsettled weather to the region. We may be looking at an atmospheric river event if atmospheric conditions turn out to be favorable for such event…
  • 9 1 2 hours ago
  • Dang. #Lol.
  • Dang. #Lol .
  • 12 2 3 hours ago