Day 3️⃣ of the trip and First Day in Bryce Canyon!
Snowiest day I’ve ever experienced and it was absolutely amazing😍
Was snowing 🌨 all day long, breathing in the fresh winter air, and hearing the sound of powdery snow ❄️ crunching with every footstep
I love winter so much! I guess it’s because I rarely see snow on the ground let alone be able to hike in the middle of a snowstorm. Also In San Diego, real winters aren’t a thing😅
However, I’m kinda excited to return to normal temperatures tomorrow so my hands won’t freeze 🥶 every time I take my gloves off to take a picture🤗
Southern most point of India at sunrise point. 6am realness 💪💁♀️ -
This place was not on my radar. I only even considered coming a few days ago. The only people who I met who did come here said to a come for as few hours max. I arrived and immidietly felt the immense heat, but decided to walk the 15 minutes to my hotel anyways. There is not even a hostel here, this really isn't a destination point for foreign travelers, and I have seen only 2 other foreigners and that was at the train station. I read up a bit about Kanyakumari but didn't realize how pretty and peaceful this place is especially at sunset and sunrise-which I was able to see from the same place!
Little did I know about Kanyakumari: - Two small islands off the tip of India:
1. To the right: statue of The 133 fr Thiruvalluvar statue. His head is 19 ft and made our of one stone. He was a poet and philosopher of secular ethics and morality.
2. To the left: Small rock island which is considered a sacred rock where Swami Vivekananda, a Hindu monk, who is said to have attained enlightenmen.
- Three bodies of water meet here: Sea of Bengal, Arabian Sea and Indian Ocean
- This is considered a holy place and Indians travel here and pray at various temples and along the water.
- It is 60% Christian with a stunning white Church overlooking the water. (When asked where I'm from they light up when I say Israel, when they ask if in Jewish like jesus they light up even more, and when asked if I have been to Bethlehem they light up even more!)
- Colorful houses and holdings on narrow rides bordered with colorful plants and palm trees giving it a real tropical and beachy vibe.
- So many old boats on the coast.
- The reflection of the sunlight on the city with the waves crashing agaisnt the rocks was absolutely stunning! - -