Swipe left for some top dollar chuggle snuggle ... 🧡💛💚
Here’s my take on brachycephailcs (short nosed dogs). EVERY VET has an opinion on it, this is mine:
1) EVERY breed of dog is welcome in my consulting room
2) I love pugs - they have the best personalities but...
3) I don’t like how extreme the conformation has become over the years - ALL dogs have a right to breathe
4) Instead if complaining about them - I wholeheartedly ❤️support the process of cross breeding as an immediate solution. This is gorgeous Cody who came to see me today - a pug cross chihuahua - JUST LOOK AT THAT NOSE! No snorting, markedly reduced obstruction and with all the friendliness of the pug.
5) Many get quite judgemental over the price of these cross breeds. IMO - it’s not my place to ever even question what a dog is ‘worth’ - I’m a vet, I don’t care if a dog has been bought for thousands or rescued for pennies, they all get the same level of care and devotion in my consulting room.
6) Look how popular the Cockerpoo, Sprockador, Labradoodle have all become ... if the same happened for the brachys we’d see far fewer problems
7) If you own a brachycephalic breed - please know this is not an attack. Remember we see the worst of the worst - and therefore this most likely does NOT represent you. The onus is on the breeders to select longer noses, the kennel club to alter the breed specifications and the authorities to properly clamp down on the illegal puppy imports bred with no regard to health. .
PREACH OVER! Feel free to comment below...BUT PLEASE KEEP IT POLITE AND RESPECTFUL 🐶
Santa could be making a very special visit to your pooch this Christmas with these delicious treats and a bandana of your choice from ! 🎉🎅 HOW TO ENTER:
1. Like this post
2. Follow .the.vet and
3. Tag a friend in the comments
La abeja más grande del mundo ha regresado después de no haber aparecido en ningún registro científico desde 1981. La abeja de Wallace (Megachile pluto) fue encontrada en las Molucas Septentrionales, Indonesia; dando así esperanza de que haya más individuos en los bosques de la zona.
Crédito: Clay Bolt
I'm feeling a little blue, no really. I've been a little bit harder on myself than I need to be since I tweaked my back earlier this week.
It seems as though I needed a signal to slow down and I definitely got one. I went live about this on my IG stories earlier today.
I find it extremely difficult to slow down and relax! Anyone out there with me?
It's seriously not the end of the world that I I'm not going to be able to finish my program this week, but damn I'm a little upset! You,know when you have a goal and you're sooo close?
I'll get there, and in the meantime I'm going to give myself some grace! Do you,ever think you're,not dlong enough, but you're going 1000 miles an hour?
So instead of being a Debbie downer. I'm focusing on my nutrition, self-care and started the weekend off with a great massage!
Anyone out there struggling and realize they need to give themselves some grace too?
5051 minutes ago
Part 1 of 3:
4 year old, FI, smooth coat terrier show dog presented 2+ weeks after exploratory/FB surgery. Initial removal was hundreds of silicone pieces from shoe inserts... 2 weeks after ingestion, 1 week after the pet stopped eating.
Owner is retired from the profession, but has taken to managing postoperative complications holistically and conservatively. Pet has been #anorexic , severely dehydrated and lethargic intermittently. Owner had noted distended abdomen and elected to treat pet using a diuretic to draw fluid from the abdomen; therein exacerbating the pets dehydration status.
Mucous membranes pale/pink. CRT >2s, distended abdomen, DAR, normal temperature, slow pulse and respiration. Abdominal rads showed severe fluid build, eclipsing all major organs. Abdomenocentesis performed- 95cc of fluid removed. Fluid submitted for cytology. Pet hospitalized for stabilization. #Blood work showed increased BUN, ALT, ALP, HCT, RBC, with neutropenia and platelet regeneration. #Electrolytes , #protein and #thyroid all low.
Pet placed on IVF w/ #vitaminB complex, metronidazole, ampicillin, famotidine and cerenia.
A second exploratory was scheduled.
Scroll to see fluid sample!
Thoughts? Give me some good ones!
Full current patient status and outcome to follow.
I know you'll stay eagerly tuned in to follow this story. But, alas- I must go international for the weekend to put a little pep in my step! 😎
¿Notas algo extraño? 🧐
Este peculiar parásito es un crustáceo el cuál se establece en vías respiratorias, principalmente en fosas nasales de perro y otros carnívoros. Los herbívoros y los humanos son hospederos intermediarios ¿Sabes quién es el intruso? #parasitology#patologiaveterinaria#parasitos#vetglobal#vetlife
Para cuidar de la salud de tu mascota, debes estar muy pendiente de todo lo que ella necesita, en especial después de la realización de un procedimiento quirúrgico. Por este motivo en Dr. Murillo Centro Veterinario, siempre tendremos el tiempo necesario para resolver tus dudas e inquietudes, y así lograr que tu mascota se recupere lo más pronto posible 👨🏾⚕️❤️🐕 .