Another New York City street scene with the Empire State Building in the background, since the last shot was really popular and resonated well. This was taken from the corner of 5th Ave. and E 26th St. The building with the dark smoke coming out of the chimney attracted many firetrucks which I ended up walking by. Not sure what happened but it's cool to see in this photo, after the event, the initial stages of the smoke and the approaching firetrucks in in the horizon (those bright red lights).
P: New York City, USA
D: April 27, 2018
C: Sony A7R - 36mp RAW
L: Zeiss FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS at 20mm
E: ISO 1000 - f/11 - 1/60s
G: 40.743326, -73.988230
- Standard Lightroom 6 flow to restore colors, sharpness and correct for any lens distortion
- Recropped the image to 4x5 for better Instagram viewing
- Really pushed up the clarity to give it an edgy look, and then boosted vibrance and saturity so the colours really stand out.
- In this photo, compared to the previous one, I increased the contrast because I liked the definition it gave to the buildings and the lights of the scene.
- Weather was gray and gloomy, so I added a radial filter in the horizon where the gap in between buildings is and warmed that with a bit of brightness and warm temperature, then cooled the rest of the sky giving it a light blue tone.
2,5905429 July, 2018
Fleurs, soleil, rire et amour ! 💕Se réveiller de bon matin près des bonnes personnes et dans un bon lit ! 🙏🏽 Si vous voulez savoir de quoi il s’agit je vous invite à aller prendre un shot de rire dans la story ! Merci pour vos messages et vos supers bonnes ondes ! 😘💛
Merci @theotherartofliving pour ce moment et cette photo que j’adore qui résume le voyage à #NYC ! 🥰
A late night post! Here’s a photograph I took during an evening walking through Washington Square park in Greenwich Village. I’m trying to get my sleep schedule somewhat back to normal after staying up until 3:45am last night/this morning. Max is on long call two days in a row because he helped to cover a colleague whose apartment flooded due to a bursting pipe (too common of an occurrence in the city). I stayed up late with him, set up an air bed for myself in the living room, only to remain awake thinking about this new paper I’m writing for a class. It’s a paper asking us to reflect on how we have come to know as teachers, to interrogate our identity as knowers, and to problematize our assumptions about knowledge. Given the personal nature of the paper, I’m having a hard time structuring it to meet the criteria of a typical academic paper for grad school. In any case, when it comes to these writing assignments, I’m consistently a mess. I write at the most random hours of the morning, scribbling ideas down in an assortment of places, never in a linear fashion. Thank goodness my interviewer for the writing consultant job did not ask about my own process of writing... Somehow the paper comes together in the end, almost suddenly, but not until a considerable amount of entropic damage is done along the way. Trust me, I get tired of how my brain chooses to approach these papers. At the same time, I’m increasingly more fascinated by how I work and think about ideas, which, after some readings of Deleuze and Guattari, makes me think I operate like a rhizome. If I’ve completely confused you with all of this theoretical stream-of-consciousness talk, I apologize. You’re not alone; I’m trying to sort through it all out myself 🤯
• #greenwichvillage#nyclocal#nycphotographer#traveler#humansofnewyork#wandering#citylife#strollinthepark#insidertravel#blackandwhite#nyclife#photography#visitnyc#wanderlust#impressions#nycblogger#travelgram#discover#newyorkcity #nycliving#explore#insider#cityimpressions#travelers#strolling#lifeisbeautiful#nycphotography#nycatnight#newyorkphoto#whynewyork
Hi! 🙋🏻♀️I was MIA for a few days because of just an insanely busy start to February with work that kept rolling over week to week. I was supposed to stay up until midnight to work on a paper for a class but I learned in that class this afternoon that the paper was already due before class 🤦🏻♀️. I had naively assumed the paper would be due at midnight like all my papers last semester, but when I logged into the online site for the class, 3:15pm was staring at me in the face and it was 3:20pm when I realized this. So I sat through all of class, completely zombie-faced, debating whether to excuse myself and go to the library and write the paper or sit through class, try to participate more than I usually would (I did all the readings today before class, saving the paper for after class...) and then apologize to the professor after class and ask if she would accept a late paper with a grade deduction. I ended up doing the latter. Once class ended at 4:55pm I rushed to the library, and furiously wrote something for the next 2.5 hours without a break. I had a rough outline and scattered notes prior to this and I just gave it my all, determined to submit a paper ASAP instead of trying to write a good paper. So I wrote the whole thing in 2.5 hours and was rewarded with a massive headache that I definitely deserved for waiting until yesterday to start this paper. This is not new for me... Max knows that my creative and innovative moments come when I panic right before something is due... it freaks him out knowing I work like this, and sometimes it stresses me out too 😂but I’ve been doing this for as long as I’ve been in school... which is not something I was proud of or wanted to admit as a teacher (I thought I would set a bad example) but I have come to accept it. This is how I work 😆 at least I have the evening off now
• #hiddengem#nyclocal#nycphotographer#traveler#bakery#wandering#loveyourlocalnyc#locasaur#insidertravel#soho#nyclife#photography#visitnyc#wanderlust#coffeeshop#nycblogger#travelgram#discover#newyorkcity #nycliving#explore#insider#citylife#travelers#coffee#storefront#nycphotography#peoplewatching#foodlover#whynewyork